Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Title
    Premium Member

Frankford case trim and prep center.

Just ordered a farakford Arsenal case trim prep center. Been wanting one for awhile. Can’t wait for it to get here, I’ve got a ton of brass I need to trim that I’ve been putting off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Make sure to pick up a brasket from loader tools. Saves you from having shavings all over your bench.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
    Going broke one caliber at a time.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyDeGraff View Post
    Just ordered a farakford Arsenal case trim prep center. Been wanting one for awhile. Can’t wait for it to get here, I’ve got a ton of brass I need to trim that I’ve been putting off.

I thought the same thing. Now it just sits in the corners collecting dust. Don't get me wrong, it works just fine, but it's slow as hell. Great for doing small batches, but terrible for bulk. I stepped up and got the Giraud triway trimmer. Been the best investment next to my press!

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CodySPowell View Post
    I thought the same thing. Now it just sits in the corners collecting dust. Don't get me wrong, it works just fine, but it's slow as hell. Great for doing small batches, but terrible for bulk. I stepped up and got the Giraud triway trimmer. Been the best investment next to my press!

Lol. I guess when I say a ton, it is really not as much as you bulk loaders. Only thing I load in bulk is handgun. Most of my rifles I only have 100-200 brass. I load for almost 40 different rifle calibers, so that it can be used for all of them is a plus for me. Hope I like it as much as I think I will.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sublime1 View Post
    Make sure to pick up a brasket from loader tools. Saves you from having shavings all over your bench.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
    The brasket looks very cool. I will def look into that.

Title
    Premium Member
    I’ve been looking for that basket! Glad I found the link again!

Title
    Premium Member
    It was either the Franklin or the Lyman for me. I ended up with the Lyman since I have a WFT2 I just chuck up in the drill press for trimming.

Title
    Premium Member
    Don't believe those that say it is slow, it works very well. I hear CONSTANTLY that this is slow and that is slow, so my question is this: What is the big hurry that everyone seems to be in, is it a race to see who can reload 10,000 rounds the fastest? Reloading is my heroin and I love to sit and take my time and no one bothers me, I have never been in a hurry.

Title
    Premium Member
    Mine is supposed to be delivered today.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaco View Post
    Don't believe those that say it is slow, it works very well. I hear CONSTANTLY that this is slow and that is slow, so my question is this: What is the big hurry that everyone seems to be in, is it a race to see who can reload 10,000 rounds the fastest? Reloading is my heroin and I love to sit and take my time and no one bothers me, I have never been in a hurry.
    It's not about speed, it's about efficiency. The Frankford works perfect. But it is slow as shit when it comes to trimming brass. Painfully slow. Which results in more wear and tear on hands. Plus it requires moving the brass 3 times to different tool heads to accomplish what a triway trimmer does in one step. Efficiency.